CHRISTMAS TREE MERINGUE
A recipe by Fannélie Stammégna
Thermomix: 11 min
Temps total: 2h30
150 g egg whites (about 4-5 whites, depending on egg size)
300 g sugar
Some drops of food coloring, green
Edible cake decorations, pearls or beads of your choice
Vanilla or almond extract or orange-flower water syrup
Disposable pastry bag
Open star-piping nozzel
1. Preheat oven at 200F.
2. Pour 150 g of sugar in the mixing bowl. Pulverize 10 sec/speed 10. Reserve.
3. Put egg whites in mixing bowl and break them by activating Turbo 3 times.
4. Position the butterfly whisk in mixing bowl and add 75 g of remaining non-powdered sugar. Schedule 5 min/speed 3.
5. Once the whites are beaten, add remaining 75 g of non-powdered sugar and whip 3 min/speed 3.
6. At the tone, mix 2 min/speed 2. While the mixture is turning, gently sprinkle pulverized sugar from step 1. The meringue should be strong and shiny.
7. Add a few drops of green food coloring and a few drops of extract of your choice. Blend 30 sec/speed 2.
8. On a baking pan covered with parchment paper, place the wooden sticks with flat and facing upwards. Then, with a disposable bag and a star-piping nozzel, form trees by starting from the top. The top of the tree should be thinner than the bottom. Use a light hand and the nozzle should not touch the paper. At this stage, you could sprinkle sugar decorations.
9. Bake 2h at 200 F. Once cooked, add a red ribbon at the base of the Christmas tree and place in a transparent bag.