SCALLOPS AND VEGETABLE MISO SOUP
A recipe by Fannélie Stammégna
Total time: 35 min
Thermomix: 30 min
TM5 & TM31 recipe
180 g carrots, in chunks
200 g Chinese cabbage or Savoy cabbage
25 g ginger, fresh
220 g leek, in chunks
100 g Miso (see notes)
5-10 g Sriracha, to taste
140 g edamame
1.7 kg water for TM5 (1.5 kg water for TM31)
20 g fish sauce
20 g soy sauce
100 g rice vermicelli
300 g scallops
Miso is a paste made of soy and fermented rice.
1. Place the carrot and cabbage pieces in the mixing bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 5. Reserve at the bottom of the Varoma dish.
2. Add the ginger into the mixing bowl. Mix 3 sec/speed 9.
3. Add chunked leek, and chop 7 sec/speed 5.
4. Add Miso, fish sauce, soy sauce, the Sriracha sauce, edamame and water. Close the mixing bowl lid in place and position the Varoma dish containing the cabbage and chopped carrots. Place scallops on the Varoma tray and steam 25 min/Varoma/reverse/speed 1.
5. At the tone, reserve the Varoma, without opening it. Put in the mixing bowl the rice vermicelli and cook 4 min/100°/reverse/speed 1, with the measuring cup.
6. In a large serving bowl, bring everything together. Blend and serve.