SALMON MANGO AND GINGER TERRINE, with fresh salsa
A recipe by Fannélie Stammégna
Thermomix: 47 min
Total time: 50 min + 4h
300 g fresh salmon, cut into cubes
200 g cream
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground pepper
3 cm ginger
200 g ripe mangoes (or canned or frozen-defrozen)
100 g ripe mangoes (or canned or frozen-defrozen)
2 tomatoes, deseeded, cut into 4
1 ripe avocado, peeled, cut in pieces
4 green onions, into chunks
1 red pepper, cut into pieces
1 lime, juice only
25 g olive oil
2 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
Salt and pepper, to taste
Useful items: Bread tin, plastic wrap
1. Cut the mango into wedges or chunks. Reserve.
2. Put in the mixing bowl the ginger pieces. Mix 3 sec/speed 9.
3. Add salmon cubes, cream, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix 10 sec/speed 7. Pour half of the preparation at the bottom of bread tin (which fits in the Varoma). Add a thick layer layer of mango mixture, and pour over the other half of the preparation. Wrap 3 times the tin with wrap paper. Place in the Varoma dish.
4. Fill the mixing bowl with 700 g of water, close and place the Varoma in position. Bake 45 min/Varoma/speed 2.
5. At the tone, let cool on the counter without unpacking the then refrigerate overnight. Before serving, unmold and slice.
6. Put in the mixing bowl the green onions, mango, tomato, avocado, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Mix 3 sec/speed 5. Refrigerate until serving with terrine.